The KeyMed Report is a regular electronic newsletter published by KeyMed Partners that provides timely information and knowledgeable interpretations of the latest issues that may impact healthcare providers.
OCTOBER 2017 ISSUE
- Upcoming Events
- The professionals at KeyMed Partners are regularly participants in healthcare industry conferences as exhibitors and presenters. Check out the Upcoming Events.
- New Code Set with 2018 ICD-10-CM
- The 2018 ICD-10-CM code set, which goes into effect on October 1, 2017, includes over 300 new codes as well as hundreds of revisions to code descriptions, instructional notes, and Index entries.
- How to Go Paperless in Five Simple Steps
- Healthcare is expensive in this country. The heavy reliance on paper products costs the healthcare industry billions annually. Some estimates put that waste as high as $300 billion a year.
- Going paperless is a challenge for organizations of all sizes and types, requiring them to invest in new technology, change workflows, retrain employees – and the list goes on. This is especially true for billing services who are required to manage multiple clients with complex billing requirements.
- Is the OIG Looking at Your Home Health Agency?
by Jim Van Etten, KeyMed Partners, Inc. - Director, Revenue Cycle Projects
- The OIG updated the OIG Work List July 2017, to include looking at High-Risk, Error-Prone HHA Providers using HHA historical data. Per CMS, “For Calendar Year 2016, Medicare paid home health agencies (HHAs) about $18.2 billion for home health services. CMS’s Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) program determined that the 2016 improper payment error rate for home health claims was 42 percent, or about $7.7 billion.